The ability to sync the phone’s contact with the Messenger app was already there and in order to integrate all its services with Instagram, Facebook has now added a new feature to its Messenger app that allows users to sync all the Instagram contacts to the Facebook Messenger. This feature is now available to all the Messenger users across the globe.
So, if you want to sync your Instagram contacts to Messenger, here’s our ready-to-use-guide:
First things first:
• When you opt to connect your Instagram account with Facebook Messenger, your contacts automatically get added to the Messenger.
• Your Instagram username and account will be visible to other people on Messenger.
• Download and Install the Facebook Messenger as well Instagram app from your respective app store.
• Login into both the apps using appropriate credentials.
• Working internet connection
Steps to sync contacts to Facebook Messenger
1. Open Facebook Messenger app from the launcher or shortcut (if you have made one).
2. Tap on the ‘Profile’ icon from the top right corner of the app.
3. Scroll down and tap the ‘People’ option.
4. Select the second option – Sync Instagram Account.
5. If you have already Installed and configured the Instagram app on your phone, tap on Connect to (your name) button.
6. The app will start the contact sync process.
After the process is complete, you will be able to see all your Instagram contacts into the Facebook Messenger app.
If you also want to sync your phone contacts to Facebook Messenger, turn on the ‘Sync contacts’ option from the ‘People’ tab.
Steps to disconnect your Instagram account from Messenger
1. Go to the ‘People’ tab by tapping on the profile icon.
2. Tap on ‘Instagram Account’ and select ‘Disconnect’ to disconnect your account