We all go through this, that sudden urge to finish a box full of chocolates or eat up that entire piece of cakes but we know it is not going to benefit us in any way.
We also end up feeling guilty after that but we just cannot control ourselves that very moment and know we tell you how to deal with the devil called sweet tooth.
Lower levels sugar in your system, dehydration, stress and lack of exercise are some of the reasons most of us crave for sweet foods and yes, you will eat right and exercise daily, your craving will certainly diminish.
Here’s how to tackle your sweet tooth before you finish the entire pack of ice cream or a complete bar of chocolates and cakes.
Also Read: How to Treat Your Skin Issues With Using Garlic
Do Not Buy Junk Food
- Avoid eating too much junk food and if you feel tempted to buy a burger or a can of coke while passing by your favorite food joint, think twice before you go and buy it and also, stock your refrigerator with fresh vegetables and fruits for health.
- Whenever you feel like having something sweet, take a bowl of curd and then add some fruits to it and satisfy your craving with a healthy alternative.
Start Saying No Habitual Snacking
- Are you used to having something sweet like cakes, ice-cream after lunch every day?
- Do you feel theta strong urge to end your day with a bowl of chips or ice cream while you’re watching TV shows?
- Are you habituated to having 4 to 5 cookies every evening with tea?
- And If your answer is yes to these questions, then you need to break these bad habits.
Here’s How To Do It Without Much Difficulties
- Skipping meals is a big no-no and no. If you are hungry, you will crave all the more and it will be difficult to control the urge.
- Keep yourself busy for 20 to 30 minutes from the time the craving strikes and 20 minutes is a good enough time for it to disappear.
- Drink more and more water because Water gives you a feeling of being full and you can drink 2 to 3 glasses of water when you feel craving.
- And if all else fails then brushing your teethes or chewing gum will make the food not taste as good, making you not wanting to eat it.
Eat More Fruits
Fruits, apart from containing natural sugar, contain essential minerals and vitamins which are good for health fruits are full of fiber and help you feel full because of the water content in it and make a fruit salad and snack on it whenever you feel like eating something sweet and it will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also give you the necessary energy.